eMediaAdmin Configuration$front_page_fname -- The main table of contents page with the filename your server uses as default, such as index.html, default.htm or index.shtml.
$index_fname -- filename your server uses as default, such as index.html, default.htm or index.shtml.
$html_ext -- The html extension for the pages created -- usually .html (For example, if using server side includes, use .shtml.) Be sure to include the period (.) at the start of the extension name.
$maxlinks -- the max number of page headlines per section saved in the database.
$front_links_amt -- the default number of links to show per section on your front page.
$section_links_amt -- the default number of links to show on section page.
$allowed_upload -- the maximum size in kilobytes of uploaded image or file.
$timezone -- give it a name if you want the a timezone added to your timedate stamps. (Such as "PST.")
$time_difference -- if the timezone where the server is running is different front your current location, you can set a value, in seconds, for the difference.
@can_edit -- the file types a admin is allowed to edit, such as: ('html', 'htm', 'shtml', 'shtm').
$tab -- the html to use for a tab character, such as: ' '
$bullet_char -- the html to use for a bullet, for example is •
$em_dash -- the html to use for a long dash, currently set as '--', because &emdash; isn't always supported.
$related_text -- the heading to use for related links appended to end of the article.
$password -- the password if you choose. (Not the browser/server based password.)
eMediaAdmin is pre-set with several defaults and can be up and running with very few (or changes) needed.
The main configurations can be found in the index.cgi file.
Also ... change if desired...
- $realurl -- the URL with http:// and domain (and maybe path) of the site, such as: http://www.yourdomain.com/.
- $contact_email -- the admin's email.
- $basepath -- the path of the folder to begin placing the eMediaAdmin created files, such as: /home/loginname/public_html/.
- $data_file -- the location of the eMediaAdmin data file, such as /home/username/emediaadmin.data.
## section names should use _ (underscore) for space and
## spell out "and" for the ampersand &
- @sections -- the names of your categorized sections
Configurations not needed to be changed -- already have working defaults
- project_name -- the name of your site, such as The Kansas Farmer Magazine.
- $head_font_info -- contains basic HTML information for the font for your headlines on the article pages, for example: color=#30434A face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=5
- $short_font_info -- contains basic HTML information for the font for your article descriptions, for example: color=#30434A face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=4
- $related_font_info -- font information for adding a heading for related links at the bottom of the article.
- $baseurl -- the main url for the site -- but probably a good idea just to use "/" and not full http address if you want to move the site to another domain.
- $cgi_url -- the url of the eMediaAdmin software.
- $templates_path -- location of your templates folder. For example:
$templates_path = '/InetPub/wwwroot/emediaadmin/templates/';