systemstatusCurrent version: 0.21
systemstatus is a small perl script that gives the following info:
- system uptime
- httpd (www) status (not a detailed log analyzer)
- memory/swap usage
- disk space usage
- current users logged on
- current system processes
I haven't done much work on it; and it definitely can use some improvements.
- add ftp (and other services) stats
- parse out the `ps` info so I can flag potential warnings.
- command line option --nohtml
- try to make it faster (but still be compatible with various flavours of UNIX)
- display disk hogs (users who use too much space)!
Current version download: systemstatus.txt.
It currently is set up to read the Boa web server log file; an example is in the code for using the Apache log file.
You can also try:
$httpd_log_file = "/var/log/apache/access.log";
From the source code:
# Copyright (c) 1999 Jeremy C. Reed. All Rights Reserved. # This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify # it as long as you retain this entire copyright and notice. # This software is provided as is and the author is not liable # for anything resulting from its use.
Some people believe that it is a security risk for others to know what and how a system is running. If you are worried or paranoid, feel free to use tcp wrappers, Apache mod_access directives, run it on some uncommon port, run it on an internal IP, or use whatever security by obscurity method you prefer.